One of the first settlements in the San Antonio area, the City of Selma is located on the Old Austin Road – which is now Interstate 35. The first settlers of Selma ran cattle on the open range until 1860. In the 1870s, an influx of immigrants brought a school, a grist mill, a cotton gin, and a post office, and a stage coach stop.
Selma contains a number of parks, and one in particular reflects the pride of the City’s past — Stage Coach Stop Park. In 2007, a grant from the Texas Department of Transportation along with money from the City was used to renovate the Stage Coach Stop and construct a visitor’s center, which opened in the summer of 2009.
The City hired KSA Engineers, Inc. to layout the slab location on the park’s property for a brand new pavilion for visitors to enjoy for parties and picnics. KSA also designed the concrete slab and the site grading.